Hello,

Currently, it is not possible to attach GPU to an existing instance using
"gcloud" command. You can attach GPU using cloud console, "EDIT" option of
the instance when it is in the stop state. Another way to attach GPU to an
existing instance (stopped) is through API
<https://developers.google.com/apis-explorer/#search/compute%20engine/compute/v1/compute.instances.setMachineResources>
 [1][2].

Following is the URL which needs to be defined for
property guestAccelerators[].acceleratorType:

https://www.googleapis.com/compute/beta/projects/<project-id>/zones/<zone-where-instance-is-deployed>/acceleratorTypes/nvidia-tesla-k80

Example:
https://www.googleapis.com/compute/beta/projects/test-project/zones/us-west1-b/acceleratorTypes/nvidia-tesla-k80

You can submit a feature request at public issue tracker
<https://issuetracker.google.com> [3] to add a parameter for "gcloud" to
attach GPU to an existing instance.

[1]
https://developers.google.com/apis-explorer/#search/compute%20engine/compute/v1/compute.instances.setMachineResources