I lease tasks from a pull queue at most once per minute so far less
frequently than the limitation of 10 per second described here
<https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python/taskqueue/overview-pull>
.

Despite this, I'm getting a significant number of TransientError in my logs
(up to 20/day).  It isn't a huge deal for me, but I thought I'd mention it
here in case it merits some looking in to by the GAE folks.

Here is a log example:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File ...
    tasks = q.lease_tasks(300, 100)
  File
"/base/data/home/runtimes/python27/python27_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/taskqueue/taskqueue.py",

line 1897, in lease_tasks
    return rpc.get_result()
  File
"/base/data/home/runtimes/python27/python27_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/apiproxy_stub_map.py",

line 613, in get_result
    return self.__get_result_hook(self)
  File
"/base/data/home/runtimes/python27/python27_lib/versions/1/google/appengine/api/taskqueue/taskqueue.py",

line 1809, in ResultHook
    raise _TranslateError(e.application_error, e.error_detail)
TransientError

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/1e1ad2e9-8651-4425-ba3c-038a2e5e2c3e%40googlegroups.com.