I really like it a lot.  Especially for small teams, you don't have to
worry about dev-ops.  Our company is running the SaaS service for 5+ years
with out dev-ops.

With all the improvement over the years, and the java8 available, it is
really a platform to go with.
I highly recommend.  Just use the good features like
taskqueues, autoscaling -  it is worth a lot.

All projects will have bad code and memory leaks - appengine can start new
instances and continue to serve other requests, while one of the instances
dies because of memory issues.

Some negatives
- Datastore is different, needs lot of learning and different thinking.
- No good migration tools for datastore - to alter  or delete columns data
in bulk  (I don't like mapreduce).  Hope Google team will give better api
and come up with a UI to alter bulk data
- don't like the endpoints framework
- Needs lot of documentation

Its my choice for SaaS.!!

Regards,
Rajesh
*www.GainERP.com <https://www.gainerp.com/>*
*Accounting/Inventory/Orders/Sales/Purchase on Google Cloud Platform and
Mobile*

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/CA%2BS7ijaBY3X%2BPsdwHumJgnwn%2B-_%2BgNqVEXyXS%2BuMxGbxmdJAEw%40mail.gmail.com.