I should add that some of them are Node.js apps because I'm trying to learn
Node. I eventually worked out that this means that I can't use a "standard"
environment so it won't qualify for the "always free" tier. Having said
that, I've been runnign a single site for 48 hours and it says I haven't
incurred any costs, so I've pretty much given up trying to work it all out
:)

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/55e472a7-25da-4cb3-b766-c13faf3a1eaa%40googlegroups.com.