I have set up a custom domain website using a PHP Google Cloud App engine.
After some third party security testing i've been advised to disable the
use of cipher suite DES-CBC3-SHA (TLS_RSA_WITH_3DES_EDE_CBC_SHA).

I'm trying to find out if its possible to disable this for a Google PHP App
engine? Most of what I can find online either doesn't answer this
particular question or is somewhat out of date.

I found this post useful,
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/42681247/can-google-app-engine-java-support-tls1-0

. This suggests it's not possible, however it doesn't actually answer the
question, it just concludes that if its good enough for google it should be
fine.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/e8c69b75-4bd2-4854-a8f2-a83b0cde1feb%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appen... Nikolaus Banjo
    • [google-... 'Fady (Google Cloud Platform)' via Google App Engine
      • [goo... Nikolaus Banjo
        • ... Attila-Mihaly Balazs
      • [goo... Samuel Melrose
        • ... Attila-Mihaly Balazs
          • ... Samuel Melrose
            • ... 'Jesse Scherer (Google Cloud Support)' via Google App Engine