Samuel,

You're completely correct that the requirements change in June, but for now
the PCI Security Standards Council seems to consider 3DES to be "strong
security." <https://www.pcisecuritystandards.org/pci_security/glossary#T> Given
that June is only a few months away, security consultants are
understandably interested in knowing more about the transition plan. Thus
this thread.

First, for future readers: "[t]he PCI Attestation of Compliance for Google
Cloud Platform is shared with customers under NDA.
<https://cloud.google.com/security/compliance/pci-dss/>" If you need more
details, reach out to the sales team <https://cloud.google.com/contact/> to
get the relevant documentation. You don't need a support contract for this.

Now to your question, I don't know (and given the NDA requirement probably
couldn't share) what specific changes will be made ahead of the new
requirements. If having those specifics is important, please reach out to
the sales folks. If getting ahead of the requirements is important, then go
ahead and file a ticket with technical support now.

Regards,
Jesse

On Wednesday, April 4, 2018 at 3:35:05 AM UTC-4, Samuel Melrose wrote:

> Thanks guys from Google Cloud Support.
>
> I have to ask though - we have 15+ custom domains across multiple
> different apps, all of which have to be PCI-DSS compliant.
>
> Are you saying the platform won't be compliant by default? (by having the
> weak cipher enabled and suggesting it has to be disabled manually per
> domain, plus by the end of June, TLSv1.2+ only will be a requirement).
>
> We chose App Engine for the out of the box PCI-DSS compliance, but this
> thread seems to be suggesting otherwise.. ??
>
> We do have Gold support so I will open this privately closer to the
> deadline, but for the benefit of others who may have the same issue, it
> would be great if we could get an answer here.
>
> On Tuesday, April 3, 2018 at 10:15:05 PM UTC+1, Fady (Google Cloud
> Platform) wrote:
>>
>> As to update this community thread, working with Nikolaus, and the
>> Engineering team we were able to disable the cipher (3DES) for his custom
>> domain.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/c4d2329b-9182-438a-83c1-0a3e26d563a9%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appen... Nikolaus Banjo
    • [google-... 'Fady (Google Cloud Platform)' via Google App Engine
      • [goo... Nikolaus Banjo
        • ... Attila-Mihaly Balazs
      • [goo... Samuel Melrose
        • ... Attila-Mihaly Balazs
          • ... Samuel Melrose
            • ... 'Jesse Scherer (Google Cloud Support)' via Google App Engine
              • ... 'Fady (Google Cloud Platform)' via Google App Engine
                • ... Samuel Melrose
                • ... 'Jesse Scherer (Google Cloud Support)' via Google App Engine
                • ... Michael
      • [goo... Nikolaus Banjo
    • [google-... Rajesh Kumar