Hi Omar,

Public IP addresses are assigned to GCE VM instances from the available
pool of External IP addresses
<https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/ip-addresses/#externaladdresses>,
which can be reserved
<https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/ip-addresses/reserve-static-external-ip-address>.

These IPs are based on the regional basis, for example: If hosting VM
instance is in europe-west1, then public IP assigned to the VM will be from
the same region. However the DNS lookup for the IP assigned (ext) to the VM
can map to US Mountain view location, because of the SWIP records. For more
information, refer to this stackoverflow thread
<https://stackoverflow.com/questions/41988170/why-do-google-cloud-platform-static-ip-addresses-list-mountain-view-ca-in-rever>
 where
one of our engineer has explained it in more detail.

However currently, "*App Engine does not currently provide a way to map
static IP addresses to an application.*" "App Engine's current range of
outgoing IP addresses are encoded in the sender policy framework (SPF)
record of _cloud-netblocks.googleusercontent.com. You may need to
recursively perform DNS SPF lookups to resolve the entire list of IP
ranges."[1 <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/kb/>]

To answer to your questions, currently, it is not possible to choose the
specific external IP address of your choice from the IP pool, however you
can reserve the IP address from the region's IP pool. For your second
question, can you provide more details? Also, your use case and proposed
architecture would be helpful to get better understanding in this case.

FYI: You can check the list of currently available GCP location and regions.
<https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/regions-zones/#available>

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/3567e218-f747-4303-93fa-1847dff78fb0%40googlegroups.com.