As DeWitt mentioned, currently our median deployment time for production
goes around 6 minutes as it is working as intended on the flexible
environment. There has been some additional work and testing done for
faster deployment for development purposes.

The updated workflow("in-place version updates") to provide faster
deployment when developing an application for the Flexible environment is
described in the comment of 2/12/18 from DeWitt. For ease of reading here
is the transcript of the workflow:

"To perform an in-place update, please pass the --version flag to the
deploy command and specify the version you would like to deploy over.
Additionally, you’ll likely want to prevent that version from becoming the
default, so be sure to include the --no-promote flag. For example:

$ gcloud app deploy --version <your-existing-version-here> --no-promote

We recommend you use this flow only for development purposes, and continue
to deploy full versions for any production traffic."

- Should you like to go further into the GCLB deployment speed, I invite
you to open another Groups
<https://groups.google.com/forum/#!forum/google-appengine> discussion with
your details regarding the GCLB and reference this thread, as it will be
easier to follow through the new one as the previous comment here mostly
pertains to the slow deployment on the flexible environment for developing
purposes and has been addressed here as explained above.

You would also be able to file a Feature Request
<https://issuetracker.google.com/issues/new?component=187191&template=1162953>
as well directly should you want to see the current deployment speed
improved. Providing the use case and the details for the slow deployment in
the feature request will be needed for the engineering team to review for
implementation.

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/60d22c21-2aa8-496b-9b03-713513af8d70%40googlegroups.com.