Hi,  George

require effort to re-program your app in an alternative manner.

For example, I can't re-program my app, that receives emails, using GAE
Mail service.

Also, most of suggestions in this document
(https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/python3/python-differences)
offers to use regular VM with third-party libraries. For me, it's sound
like "You should stop using GAE, becouse we stopping Python and run Python3
instead."

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/11e440af-5d1c-4f8b-ae2a-6d01aa68a20b%40googlegroups.com.