Hi Shaharia,

Thank you for bringing those inconveniences that you are experiencing ,
I’ll make sure to relay those to the App Engine engineering team.

In the meantime for the default 10,000 file upload issue, if you have a
Silver, Gold, or Platinum support package you can contact a support
representative [2] to file a proper quota increase request.

Also concerning the SMTP port 25 being block you are right we block it
because of the risk of abuse [3] you could also be interested in other
alternative solution like SendGrid, MAilgun or Mailjet [4].

We value our customers and take into consideration every feedback about our
products.

[1] https://cloud.google.com/appengine/quotas#When_a_Resource_is_Depleted

[2] https://cloud.google.com/support/docs/#contacting_technical_support

[3] https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/tutorials/sending-mail/
[4]
https://cloud.google.com/compute/docs/tutorials/sending-mail/#choosing_an_email_service_to_use

On Monday, April 15, 2019 at 9:51:02 AM UTC-4, Shaharia Azam wrote:

> Hello Everyone,
> I know this is a common questions but actually this is now becoming more
> and more strange to me day by day. Why Google still feels about the hard
> limit related to max 10,000 file? If I want to install Wordpress latest
> version with any premium themes, few e-commerce related mandatory plugins
> then easily from the beginning of my development this would cross 10,000
> files.
>
> We are a web solution provider company and we are facing few very hard
> questions that is forbidding us to suggest GCP to our client's for their
> needs.
>
> 1. Advance & Full featured E-Commerce site powered by Wordpress due to
> 10,000 file limit issue.
> 2. SMTP outgoing issue due to block of Port 25. Even our own cPanel server
> is hosted on AWS for that. Rest of our servers that doesn't need email
> communication are on GCP.
>
> Does Google think that it is irrelevant? Even from the quota request page,
> this file limit quota can't be increased. In this case, not only us but
> also lots of people are going away from using GCP and specially Google App
> Engine (our use case depends on it). So I want to hear something from any
> internal team members about this. Is there any plan in future to remove
> this limit or increase this limit or you are suggesting us to go away from
> App engine to somewhere else?
>
> - @shaharia

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/4f5421d9-0dc9-4218-860d-4dbb76146c0a%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-ap... Shaharia Azam
    • [goog... 'Nicolas (Google Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • R... Shaharia Azam
        • ... 'George (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
          • ... G. M. Shaharia Azam
            • ... diogoalmeida via Google App Engine
    • [goog... Dmitry Ivanov
      • [... Henry Saldyga
        • ... 'Jad El Houssami' via Google App Engine
          • ... Henry Saldyga
          • ... Henry Saldyga
            • ... 'Michael Targino' via Google App Engine