Hello guys,

I'm sorry if this is not the right place to post this. I've never used this.

I am creating a mobile app. I'm not the developer. I hired a person to
develop my app.

We are using Google Cloud Platform, which it's free for one year. Next
October will stop being free. And today we realized we would pay 156
dollars a month for just using Geocoding API (if it wasn't free). And only
a very few people are using the app for testing.

We still didn't launch the app. And honestly, it's too much money for us,
because if too many people would start to use the app, that cost would be
higher.

Now, Geocoding is the process of converting addresses into geographic
coordinates, which we are using in the app. And we are also showing the
distances between users, like Tinder does. We plan to remove Geocoding,
because it's not absolutely necessary to convert addresses into geographic
coordinates. But we need to show the distances between users.

We already asked this question to our developer, but we want to listen
other answers: Is calculating the distance between users a feature of
Geocoding API? Because if it is, we'll have to remove this feature too.

I hope I was clear with my question.

Thank you,
Juan