I've posted this before but it seems like the topic just vanished without
any trace, trying to repost now.

Hey there,

hitting a wall here.

java11 standard environment, F1 instance, Spring Boot 2.2.5 application,
europe west 3 (FFM)  - trying to perform a POST request via spring boot's
resttemplate that works fine locally. The host is up and responsive.

java.util.concurrent.ExecutionException:
org.springframework.web.client.ResourceAccessException: I/O error on POST
request for "https://www.xyz.tld/": connect timed out; nested exception is
java.net.SocketTimeoutException: connect timed out
    at
java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.report(FutureTask.java:122)
~[na:na]
    at java.base/java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.get(FutureTask.java:205)
~[na:na]
    at a.b.c.service.AddressService.get(AddressService.java:63)
~[classes!/:0-0-4]
    at
a.b.c.rest.AddressRequestsController.d(AddressRequestsController.java:73)
~[classes!/:0-0-4]
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native
Method) ~[na:na]
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)

~[na:na]
    at
java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)

~[na:na]
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566) ~[na:na]
    at
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.doInvoke(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:190)

~[spring-web-5.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:5.2.4.RELEASE]
    at
org.springframework.web.method.support.InvocableHandlerMethod.invokeForRequest(InvocableHandlerMethod.java:138)

~[spring-web-5.2.4.RELEASE.jar!/:5.2.4.RELEASE]

There's nothing fancy about our configuration or the usage (as far as I can
see).

restTemplate = new RestTemplateBuilder()
        .setConnectTimeout(Duration.ofMillis(CONNECT_TIMEOUT))  // 5 seconds
        .setReadTimeout(Duration.ofMillis(READ_TIMEOUT))  // 8 seconds
        .build();

restTemplate.postForEntity(searchUrl, request, String.class);

Any ideas?