As far as I assumed, and I'm too optimistic these days, they'll work
indefinitely?
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/long-term-support

I'm probably never going to move my old apps to 3.7, they'll die when 2.7
dies - they use pretty much every available original in-house app engine
service - almost impossible to completely re-engineer - It's painful but
all things die :/

Re-writing with NodeJS / App Engine proved more mentally challenging then I
assumed too, you get to experience every little thing we had and now lost -
we were developing locally with instant refreshing at every file update,
when you move to live development that requires you to do a 2 minute
deployment to test every change, the frictional difference is huge - I
guess it might even be a good idea to write custom local emulators for
everything, routines that'll just return sample values etc. - or maybe
in-line conditions to fallback to faked responses when you are locally
developing

Like MdeA I started using Python for only App Engine, and I certainly wish
services weren't being sunsetted, instead more could've been introduced,
images service for example, was the most practical solution to image
serving - when video/video sharing apps became more popular, I was
anxiously awaiting a "videos" service to be introduced too, but looking at
things today, we lost them all instead of gaining more :D