Hello, Alex

While I think I understand your request, I require a clarification. You
mentioned that the Google documentation states using the Version ID with
your Custom Domain is the same as using your Version ID with the
appspot.com domain. Do you have the link to this Google documentation you
refer?

I see a similar request as this posted on Stackoverflow[1], which I think
you should check out. The answer on that post indicates that using the
Version ID with the Custom Domain may not be possible as you cannot select
a certain version of a service in the custom domain settings screen.

Please provide the link you refer for clarification.

[1]https://stackoverflow.com/questions/55272201/google-app-engine-custom-subdomain-mapping-for-a-specific-version