Hi Katayoon,

We are running appengine standard environment on Java 8 run time.
I think what you mentioned is available only for Java 11.
The following is the maven pom.xml config that works for us when we use
automatic-scaling:

<plugin>
   <groupId>com.google.cloud.tools</groupId>
   <artifactId>appengine-maven-plugin</artifactId>
   <version>2.2.0</version>
   <configuration>
      <deploy.promote>false</deploy.promote>
      <port>8889</port>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

Thanks,
Jagath

On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 6:40:07 PM UTC+2 Katayoon (Cloud Platform
Support) wrote:

> Hi Jagath,
>
> My assumption is that you are using App Engine Standard environment with
> Java. Please correct me if I am wrong? Could you clarify if you have set
> the PORT environment variable
> <https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/standard/java11/runtime#be_sure_to_use_the_port_environment_variable>in
>
> you code?
>

> On Thursday, October 1, 2020 at 8:46:04 AM UTC-4 Jagath Weerasinghe wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> When I switched from automatic-scaling to basic-scaling in the
>> development environment, I noticed the port numbers assigned are random and
>> do not follow the specified port number in maven configuration.
>>
>> I found a similar question
>> https://github.com/GoogleCloudPlatform/app-gradle-plugin/issues/185, but
>> could not find a solution yet.
>>
>> I would like to know:
>> (1) whether this is the expected behavior?
>> (2) whether there is a way to configure the ports we need as in
>> automatic-scaling?
>> (3) is this an issue with the build tools (maven) and not related to the
>> local dev server?
>>
>> Thanks,
>> Jagath

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/0566e46e-eadd-4bb2-a0cd-79675b68999bn%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengin... Jagath Weerasinghe
    • [google-app... 'Katayoon (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • [google... Jagath Weerasinghe
        • [go... Jagath Weerasinghe
          • ... 'Shawn Wu' via Google App Engine
            • ... Jagath Weerasinghe