Hello,

For the moment websockets are not suppported for the GAE standard env and
there is no ETA.
A feature request was oppened and all the updates will be posted here [1]:

You can use App Engine Flex to create persistend connections with
WebSockets [2].

[1]. https://issuetracker.google.com/35886348
[2].
https://cloud.google.com/appengine/docs/flexible/nodejs/using-websockets-and-session-affinity