Hello,

Looks like deploying cron (no changes to cron jobs from our last
deployment) is the issue. I skipped cron and the deployment worked.
I had to enable cloudtasks.googleapis.com for deploying task queues.

Jagath

On Thursday, January 28, 2021 at 9:37:08 AM UTC+1 Jagath Weerasinghe wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Thanks for the reply. We have several projects in us-central1 and
> europe-west1 regions. All the projects experience the same issue.
> We are running appengine standard version and we did not experience a
> time-out issue recently.
>
> Do you have more information about the issue. For example, whether the
> issue is related only to the cron job deployment, if so, and if we skip
> cron job deployment would the deployment still work? Or is there any other
> workaround?
>
> Thank you,
> Jagath
>

> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 9:22:15 PM UTC+1 Elliott (Cloud Platform
> Support) wrote:
>
>> Hello
>>
>> Thank you for your question. I know it is frustrating when an app cannot
>> deploy. There was an issue yesterday for some App Engine Flexible
>> deployments that failed with a timeout. That issue with Google App Engine
>> was resolved for all affected projects as of Tuesday. I hope this did not
>> cause inconvenience to you.
>>
>> We appreciate your patience while we worked on resolving the issue.
>>
>> If you have other related questions, please let us know.
>>

>> On Wednesday, January 27, 2021 at 11:18:17 AM UTC-5 Jagath Weerasinghe
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> We have been running appengine deployment smoothly till yesterday.
>>> Yesterday gcloud deploy started to complain about
>>> *cloudscheduler.googleapis.com
>>> <http://cloudscheduler.googleapis.com>. *I enabled the cloudscheduler
>>> APIs and retried the deployment. Then that error message disappeared but
>>> still, deployment fails with the following error.
>>>
>>> Updating config [cron]...failed.
>>>

>>> DEBUG: 'NoneType' object is not subscriptable
>>>
>>> We are using the latest cloud SDK version.
>>> gcloud version:
>>>
>>> Google Cloud SDK 325.0.0
>>> alpha 2021.01.22
>>> app-engine-java 1.9.84
>>> app-engine-python 1.9.91
>>> beta 2021.01.22
>>> bq 2.0.64
>>> core 2021.01.22
>>> gsutil 4.58
>>>
>>> I would like to know whether any of you experienced the same issue. Any
>>> advice would be greatly appreciated.
>>>
>>> Thanks,
>>> Jagath

https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/google-appengine/8b0b7a00-cb4f-4ef8-b5a9-11db57bf9e65n%40googlegroups.com.
  • [google-appengine... Jagath Weerasinghe
    • [google-appe... 'Elliott (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
      • [google-... Jagath Weerasinghe
        • [goo... Jagath Weerasinghe
          • ... 'Elliott (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
            • ... Jagath Weerasinghe
              • ... 'Elliott (Cloud Platform Support)' via Google App Engine
                • ... Alan deLespinasse
                • ... Alan deLespinasse
                • ... Alan deLespinasse
                • ... Jagath Weerasinghe