Am able to make this work now using dev_appserver. It doesn't work with
flask server (at least I cold not make it work using flask server as above).

If that is indeed the case, may be the GAE getting started guide for python
3 page needs to change to reflect this fact that memcache etc. will work
only thru dev_appserver - at least as of now.

Regards