> after i click "register", i was then led back to code jam page without a
> confirmation notice, wonder if it is a bug?

Hopefully you should see a note in the top-right saying "You have
registered..."

You should also have received a confirmation email.  However, you didn't.
 We're aware of that and working on a fix, which should happen some time
tomorrow.  We'll email all the people who registered before the fix at a
later time.  Sorry for the trouble!