Comment #14 on issue 597 by remi.ban...@gmail.com: Persist Extension: UnitOfWork.begin() throws IllegalStateException when called multiple times
http://code.google.com/p/google-guice/issues/detail?id=597

I'm a little bit pessimistic for this fix to be released by someone soon...
It seems like there is no more activity nor maintenance on guice-persist (and even guice?). Just take a look at open / not analysed issues.

After having pushed on google code this fix (to a fork), i had to bring myself to fix it...by myself. So i did it by customysing the JpaPersistService on my webapp ... :(

By the way, there are a lot of duplicates or similar issues on guice-persist, so there would probably be another solutions to deal with this problem.

Injection of several data-sources with guice-persist is quite painfull.
So I plan to migrate my app to a CDI implementation soon and use EJB persistence unit injection (which is very easy to do for dealing with many datasources), perhaps guice owners plan the same :)

(Seriously, it would be great for users to have a clear view on guice roadmap if there is one.)