2008/11/26 Johan Haleby <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>

> I didn't mean that they used aspectj for proxying but rather suggesting
> that aspectj could be used *instead* of proxying to achieve the same
> results.

exactly - I think the wires got crossed somewhere between your replies to
the other thread and the start of this one

We discussed earlier that e.g. guice-warp couldn't support final or private
> methods for starting transacation because it used CGLib, but using a
> delegating approach *instead *of using a proxy could solve the problem
> (which you seem to imply as well if I'm not misstaken). But whether this is
> applicable to Guice is another question.

the question came up here relating to Guice's use of CGLIB for AOP/proxy
support ... Gili was wondering whether
Guice could use class redefinition to implement proxying (ie. still behaving
as a proxy) - which I don't think it could,
because of classloading visibility - but users could decide to weave classes
externally using aspects and then use
Guice to inject them later, which is basically what Spring does with
@Configurable

I think it would be very cool if Guice could support something similar as
> Springs AOP support for injection. Actually I'd like to create a spike for
> this if I get some time over, I've been needing this kind of stuff myself.

it's certainly possible and shouldn't require any changes to Guice core -
you'd need to create an extension library,
like the small Spring-AspectJ library under Spring-AOP, which can find
instances and ask Guice to inject them

--
Cheers, Stuart