On Wed, Jan 14, 2009 at 11:02 AM, Andrew Clegg <andrew.cl...@gmail.com>wrote:

> 2009/1/14 Rick <ric...@gmail.com>:
>
> > The problem(?) is that SqlMapClient.class is an object I don't have
> control
> > of it's an iBATIS class that just needs a config file sent to it.
> Different
> > DAOs I use (just two for instance) need a different load of that
> > SqlMapClient class. That's waht the provider was doing was loading up the
> > SqlMapClient with info from a config file.
> >
> > So in your example above I can't really make instances of SqlMapClient.
>
> I'm still not sure I follow. Can't you do something like this inside a
> Guice module class:
>
> Reader reader = Resources.getResourceAsReader("ibatis.guiConfigXML");
> sqlMapClient = SqlMapClientBuilder.buildSqlMapClient(reader);
> reader.close();
> bind(SqlMapClient.class).annotatedWith(Gui.class).toInstance(sqlMapClient);
>
> and then the same for the other instance of SqlMapClient?

Thanks Andrew! This worked perfectly.  I owe you one.

Truthfully, I think this concept of using a Module to instantiate more than
one of the same type of object should be emphasized more in the docs, or
maybe in the wiki. I guess if you think of the Module somewhat analogous to
what you do with spring's xml file it starts to click with me. For the most
part I want to use annotations etc, but when you need more fine grained
control a Module could/would be the place to go next?