On Fri, Mar 20, 2009 at 01:32, Bob Lee <crazy...@crazybob.org> wrote:
> I assume you're talking about circular deps between constructors. This is a
> tough problem. Injecting proxies was an experiment that I don't really like
> to advertise.

Good!

But as a user of your tool, one will most certainly be bitten by them
at some point, so you will learn about them - the hard way.

> In the long run, I think the best solution will be to
> generate an error when we encounter a circular dep. The solution to the
> error will be to inject a Provider<X> into one of the constructors or to
> move the dep into an injected method instead (not currently supported).

Hear, hear!!

I never liked those proxies, and one have no idea of them existing
until one suddenly get an error about accessing such a proxy. They are
not stable either, so those proxy-problems kinda come and go with
module-configuration changes. And amazingly, they cannot be resolved
by making a setter (what about field-injection?). Is this 3.0 stuff?

Endre.