Hi all,

I am at a loss as to how to neatly define a complex path polygon/
polyline (think a postcode boundary) in V3 of the API compared to V2.

We have an app that currently uses the V2 API to draw about 50 complex
polygons at a time on a map. This we do using encoded polygons. So one
complex polygon could be represented as:

"d{xefubzsz`bquxn{hlzu`...@jfcuro@c...@jn@b...@prbo@y|
@l[ygi...@zat@mnq^diqiblzas...@}erf}eaho@kUrAdH"

for example. That's a lot of points in a nice, concise string.

Now, in V3 I see there is no such GPolygon.fromEncoded() method, and
instead we are supposed to define polygons via code like:
 var coords= [
        new google.maps.LatLng(25.774252, -80.190262),
        new google.maps.LatLng(18.466465, -66.118292),
        new google.maps.LatLng(32.321384, -64.75737),
        new google.maps.LatLng(25.774252, -80.190262)
    ];

Which, for that very example above turns out like as a few pages of
this editbox full of  'new google.maps.LatLng' definitions. This seems
horrendously inefficient.

I know I can send them as purely an array of points and then on the
client step over that doing the same, but that seems just as bad.

Surely there is a more effiecient way of defining a complex polygon
now?