Can anyone give me some advice (or point me in the right direction) on how
to get a map based site correctly indexed ?

To be more clear : I am developing a map site which will only display poi
information inside classic info-windows or custom info windows.
At present, the only way to access the information will be to click on the
associated marker.
All my data is kept in my own database (no usage of fusion tables or other
google service) as this is my "added value").
I know that having pages only visible to search engine robots will severely
penalise my site, even black list it.

So, what to do?