> I want to display the route...or a polyline that snap to the roads, which
> means the same.

Not the same.   Do you want a line representing a series of
coordinates (guessing a GPS track log) ?    Or do you want a line
between two or more points, that follows streets, but may not have
anything to do with the route that something/somebody you are tracking
actually took?

> I've seen the example before..it didn't help.

Earlier you said -
> but I'd like to display the route using the data
> stored in the database, retreived as XML.

That's just what Larry's example does.  Why didn't it help you?  If
you explain what it doesn't do that you need, we might be able to
offer better help.