@Rossko - I don't think that I can use the span. The div that contains the
map can change - it can be 500px , 1000px, 2000px and the span can't really
give me accurate results. Sometimes - I see the whole world and the span is
around 290, sometimes I see the whorld 3 times and the span is 140. And
sometimes I don't the world, but the span is again 140...

I tried to trick it with intersects . I thought that if I put a bound for
the 0 meridian and I check if my bounds are intersecting it and if the east
degree is negative, then I most probably see the whole world, but that is
not the case. The boundary returns true for intersects only when I have a
positive degree for the east value. The minute I get negative values for
east the map tells me that the bounds are not intersecting the meridian.

@Etienne - well, I certainly expect the bound to return a bound that
contains the whole world, but I don't know if this is a bug or not. I mean
- the bounds function returns the coordinates properly - I mean the most
right point is ... and the most left point is ... It returns the values
that it should return, but not the values that we expect and see on the
screen. Maybe something needs to be changed, I don't know. The maps API
devs should step in to tell us  :)