> @Rossko - I don't think that I can use the span. The div that contains the
> map can change - it can be 500px , 1000px, 2000px and the span can't really
> give me accurate results.

So you'd either have to do your calculation client-side, where you can
determine the current div size, or transmit that information to
wherever you do your calculation.  There is no other way to guess.

> Sometimes - I see the whole world and the span is
> around 290, sometimes I see the whorld 3 times and the span is 140. And
> sometimes I don't the world, but the span is again 140...

Yup.  There would always be debate about what the span "should" be.
If you can see two worlds, is the span 720? But that's nonsense, since
there is only one real world whose span is 360 ... Perhaps if you can
see more than world the span should limit at 360 ... but then it bears
no relation to what is actually onscreen .. and so on.
Whatever you say you want, someone else will have a use-case that
wants something different.

You want a particular solution from the possible choices, the reliable
way to get the answer is to calculate it yourself.  Get the degrees
per pixel, count the pixels.  Getting degrees/pixel requires knowledge
of zoom level and div size, which is only available client-side.