Thank you for your reply!

As far as that question goes, you are using Google geocoding and
> getting results. "The Geocoding API map only be used in conjunction
> with a Google Map." Yes, you must show those results on a Google map.

So as long as I add a map that shows the input address to that results that
include the congressional legislators, then I'm using it legally.

But there are exceptions to this and this quote seems to say that since our
main purpose is the legislators and not the long/lat then this part of the
terms should say we are okay to not use it:  *For clarity, you are not
"re-implementing or duplicating" Google Maps/Google Earth if your Maps API
Implementation provides substantial additional features or content beyond
Google Maps/Google Earth, and those additional features or content
constitute the primary defining characteristic of your Maps API
Implementation.

*

> Actually, that has advantages. Have a look at
> http://maps.huge.info/pinpointaddress.htm -- you can geocode an
> address and then move the marker. If your address is on the edge of a
> Congressional district, moving the marker a few yards might be
> crucial. It gives the user some control, too. (That example is Version
> 2, but it's the concept which is important)

Cool pin action!  Is that pin movement something unique to pinpointaddress
or is it available with the GeoCoding API?

> Even if you don't go that far, you must show the result on a Google
> map. It could be a small static map, the url of which is fairly easy
> to generate from the geocoder results.

I understand your point and I have been considering having to do it this
way, my coder is not so happy with doing it this way but we need this to be
a legal use.

I've also read in several places that we could get Google to okay our using
it this way if the put it in writing.  Do you, or anyone, know where I
would contact them to do ask for this?