> Comparing the color of the pins on the left to those on the map shows a
> clear difference between the two.

Your KML includes a colour changing element
    <Style id="ORANGE_POINT">
        <IconStyle>
        <color>ff0080ff</color>
        <Icon><href>http://www.....
See
     https://developers.google.com/kml/documentation/kmlreference#iconstyle
"The color specified in the <color> element of <IconStyle> is blended with
the color of the <Icon>"
Your <color> will make the Orange icon more Red ...

I wouldn't like to say if that colour caste is applied to the
Maps-generated legend as well, but I'll bet it isn't.  It certainly won't
be applied if you just show the icon image in a regular webpage.
Just remove the <color> elements from your <IconStyle>s.