I appreciate your reply Mark, though I'm a dummy when it comes to talking
API'S and over written etc...  I primarily used Picasa to take photos from
my camera or scans from my printer, and then to edit and crop and present
on blogs to my hearts content...  if I can continue to do this I'll be like
you, I'll stay with the one I know...  at 77 years of age I'm too old to
learn new tricks...

thank you for your help,

Robyn