This is not an incorrect translation that you are experiencing.  You
are translating a Non-English word with English selected in Google
Translate. So, it is just translating the text phonetically.  In this
case, the Non-English word happens to be Japanese (which means you are
trying translate Japanese to Japanese).  デス is basically the Japanese
way of writing/saying the English word Death (it's as close as they
can get).  So, even though it sounds like the word です; it's not that
same word.  Just keep in mind that translating Japanese Romaji to Real
Japanese isn't the same as translating English to Japanese.

On Dec 11, 7:11 pm, Gabriella Sanford wrote:
>  I was on english to japanese, I typed in 'desu' and i got デス . So, I
> put that into
> japanese to english, and got 'Death'. Desu is like a spoken period.
>  Please fix this.

-- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"General" group.
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
To unsubscribe from this group, send email to 
[email protected].
For more options, visit this group at 
http://groups.google.com/group/google-translate-general?hl=en.

Reply via email to