I don't know if there is a difference between behavior in apache/PHP
under Linux and Windows (I have never tried it in a Windows
environment) and it works properly for me on all the machines I have
tried on. I would be glad if you could attach a patch or just the file
with your changes so that I can take a look at them and see if I can
figure out what is going on (or e-mail me directly if you like).

/Micke