The only change made that actually made it work was to remove the
ampersand from &$parser since it's not like that in any other parser
extension I have access to. Then it started working. But, I got lots
of error messages due to things like $args[id] which php defaulted to
$args['id'] and ran with. By fixing all the args you call by putting
ticks around them as suggested with 'id', no more errors, and it still
runs.

Jack