There is a similar post here

http://groups.google.com/group/google-wave-api/browse_thread/thread/670ced3f13765e4d/bf40e3dffec097ca?lnk=gst&q=create+new+wave+from+robot+python#bf40e3dffec097ca

That has a code example on how to do this. The caveat that I've found
is that while this is possible, it requires you to have an existing
wave ID to begin with (i.e. the context parameter of the NewWave API
call). Hopefully they'll change this later so that a wave can be
created without having the context of an existing wave.