Hallo,

You can retrieve and store the dice value from the gadget's wave state
like so:

                var tempState = wave.getState();
                var tempDiceValue = tempState.get("dice"); // gets the dice
value

                if (! tempDiceValue) { // check we don't already have a value
set
                        var tempRollValue = Math.floor(Math.random()*6);

                        tempState.submitValue("dice", tempRollValue); // stores
dice value!
                }

>From my understanding of your problem, you shouldn't need to worry
about concurrent users - but normally you would store values with
names that include the Viewer ID (e.g. instead of "vote" it would be
"vote"+wave.getViewer().getId()) and then you can loop through all the
values since they are all unique, one per user.

If you want to delete a value, call:     tempState.submitValue("dice",
null);

For more details:
http://code.google.com/apis/wave/extensions/gadgets/reference.html