Well I can not get to make it work AT ALL.. I tryed the following:

function initialize() {
  var wave1 = new WavePanel('https://wave.google.com/wave/');
  var uiConfig = new WavePanel.UIConfig();

  uiConfig.setFooterEnabled(true);
  uiConfig.setHeaderEnabled(true);
  uiConfig.setToolbarEnabled(true);
  uiConfig.setBgcolor('red');
  uiConfig.setColor('black');
  uiConfig.setFont('Verdana');
  uiConfig.setFontSize('13px');

  wave1.setUIConfigObject(uiConfig);
  wave1.loadWave('xxxxx');
  wave1.init(document.getElementById('wave1'));
  wave1.setToolbarVisible(true);
}

But nothing seams to have effect. Color is still white (not that I
realy wanted the red, but it does not work), font is still Arial (and
not Verdana), and most of all the Toolbar is not visible.. :)
Also I tryed to use the following line:

  wave1.init(document.getElementById('wave1'),wave1.setToolbarVisible
(true));

but that seams to give an error, because the wave does not load at all
like that.

Any ideas??