First of all, it is very well possible to do all of the malicious actions
even *without* bots.
We have managed to reverse-engineer parts of the wave<->web protocoll, and
are able to read full wave contents of all public waves. See
archive.waverz.com for implementation.
Second, using that, it's fairly trivial to do full backups of wave data,
which can be restored to a new wave.
Third, you can build trust networks by using the Google groups
solution<http://archive.waverz.com/googlewave.com!w+VJoH3a3CK/_>,
along with WaveNotify<http://archive.waverz.com/googlewave.com!w+uOcHp3yOA/>(for
e-mail notifications). Until permission checks are implemented, this
is
the best way to keep malicious intents out of your group's waves.
Fourth, using a protector bot, and a known blacklist (remember: wave invites
are still a precious commodity), it's fairly trivial to restore all edits
done by malicious bots, or users.

>Who knows how he tracked his friends?

Probably the same way all bots do: by storing participants of the waves it's
been contacted by.

As you can see, lots of solutions are already available, even without
blowing the public-group-experiment up :)

-SDr