On 29 ноя, 23:49, Vikram Dhillon <dhillon...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I got a solution a while ago for another problem, it might work here: a
> robot can be made to export all the stuff in the entire wave out to a
> file, and that robot will also keep a check on the waves, if any changes
> occur the robot will restore the changes back from the file that was
> exported out. It would sync on intervals so data loss can be prevented.
There exists readonlie-robot,
but it requires to put triggering keyword in every single blip, which
is not convenient for all usecases,
(for instance for online conference, where every blip may or may not
be important).
There needed solution to back up whole wave. Like Silicon Dragon
suggest.

But a bot cannot do that.
Because structure of discussion (threads and sequence of replies) is
stored in separate data chunk (conversation manifest), not acessible
to bots.
Robots can not properly restore deleted blips.

This is what playback was actually designed for.
But it makes no sence without rollback feature

> Also we can harden (security-wise) the waves by asking for permission
> from one user (who would be like the lead of the wave) about the bots
> they want to use. So no other bots can be brought in a wave. What do you
> think?
This is already established policy among active wave users such as
russian rbarbarians :)
For instance, we have cunducted online-wave coverage of  GDD in
Moscow.

But it has been pointed, that distruction is possible even without
help of bots.

In particular, this night mentioned malicious person had his robots
occur broken,
and he continued to destroy waves manually.
Char by char.
Over 40 of waves.