Hello,

I was intrigued by Google Wave to be an open system, a contribution by
Google to the developer community! I downloaded the Fedone server,
installed it, tested the command line client, read the whitepapers on
waveprotocol.org. And then... nothing:

No way to run my own client/server architecture, because there is no
server available. The Fedone client is a quick hack using Google's
protobuf. I guess the Fedone client is supposed to be used for testing
bots. I can't see an open system in Google Wave.

All data remains or at least goes through Google's servers, there is
no way to OWN YOUR WAVES, right?

In related discussions, I read that Google MIGHT define a client/
server protocol. If that point is not clear, why do so many people
consider Google Wave to be "the next big thing..."? Why not wait a
year or two until Google provides some specifications?

Thanks for your input on this topic!

Cheers,
André