The answer used to be as in this recipe:
http://groups.google.com/group/google-wave-api/browse_thread/thread/670ced3f13765e4d/f3b3a2a18ffffbd1?hl=en&#f3b3a2a18ffffbd1
but as noted later in that thread you have to specify the
DOCUMENT_CHANGED event in the capabilities.xml file. This seems to be
and on and off problem as I think I have received unsolicited
DOCUMENT_CHANGED events between then (8dec) and now. Either way, at
the moment they are not sent. However, you will receive the
"_new_ids_" data document with the next event the robot receives
(maybe not all events but at least with wavelet_blip_created,
form_button_clicked and blip_submitted).

Maybe somebody could shed some light on this issue? Receiving the
unsolicited DOCUMENT_CHANGED event is a very tractable solution from a
robot programmers perspective. Specifying it in the capabilities.xml
file is not, unless you want to listen to that event for other
reasons.

~Peter