I think this might be an annotation. It is stored in the textview and
you have to iterate over all possible annotations looking for the one
you need. You can highlight a text in the sandbox and then view what
annotation is exactly is. It should be something like "highlighted".
In the annotation is a range stored, you can easily access the
textview and extract only the range that you need.
What language do you use? Python / Java?

regards thomas