Another problem is that someone could use a kind of terminator robot
that automatically removes participants from my public waves. And then
there would be a kind of war between my robot re-adding participants
and some 'denial of service' robot frequently removing participants
(such as the Public participant and robots) from my waves.

So a re-adding solution would perhaps not be fully satisfying. And
there is also a potential timing problem, because even human
participants can remove the Public participant at any time from my
waves and my robot would not be able to fully protect against some
users suddenly not being able to use the waves because they no longer
are public.

I would like to have the option to mark some participants, such as the
Public participant and robots as being permanent to the waves, i.e.
they can not be removed by anyone else than the participant who
created the waves. It's a strange kind of logic to have a public wave
that anyone suddenly can make non-public.