I've been looking at :
http://code.google.com/p/google-web-toolkit/issues/detail?id=343

And I've hit a few snags:

Namely:
  Hosted mode works fine but compiling tries to rebind twice (even
though I only have
one GWT.create()) and it can't create the printwriter because the
class it is trying to write
already exists.  I guess I need a smarter generator. (?)

  How the heck can I reconcile the functionality of java regex and
compiled regex?  I
guess I could have a javascriptPattern and javaPattern property on
each validator... but that
sounds like a lot of work for the user.  That is unless I've missed a
new development along the
lines of making that easier for developers.

Anyway, any input would be appreciated and I think if I can figure out
these snags and get my
CLA finished (I applied online last night) then I could post the code
and people could start
poking at it a little bit because basic field/method level validation
is working.

Chris Ruffalo