OK that makes sense. Maybe we need a project that's in between
incubator and GWT, something that has regular releases and uses
polished content from the incubator but content that's not so polished
that it would go into GWT. While what's in the incubator is a work in
progress, it is still a) much faster then what the other libraries
offer, b) mostly cleaner and better written then the other libraries,
c) gives people an idea of where GWT is headed.

While making custom widgets is easy in GWT, there is a lot of overlap
in what people need and there is usually a rich suite of widgets that
people would like out of the box. It's not very easy to pick up GWT
and dive in making great and interactive apps. There's a lot of group
work that needs to be done to build rich widgets. It seems a waste
that this group work is done on every GWT project by all the various
organizations that use GWT. I know that the GWT team said GWT was
meant to be pretty low level and they wanted the community to build on
top of that, but it seems that the community is not delivering. I know
Bruce mentioned that better widgets are on the agenda, so I don't
know....

Regards,
Arthur Kalmenson