On Thu, Dec 11, 2008 at 6:12 PM, Sam Gross <colesb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> In which branch is OOPHM development taking place?  I see trunk/dev/oophm,
> but this project seems to cause compile errors for the gwt-user project,
> since the version of GWTShell in trunk/dev/oophm is missing some expected
> methods.

The main code will be maintained in trunk -- the plugins will be in
branches/oophm while we figure out their long-term location.  The idea is
that we refactor further to reduce the overlaid classes, and then when we
are ready we just move the files from gwt-dev-oophm into gwt-dev (doing away
with the various platforms at the same time).

What errors do you get?  I see dev (core and oophm) build errors depending
on the Java version I use related to inferring generic types (the fix is to
assign the result of artifacts.find to a local variable before using it in
the enhanced for, I haven't tracked down exactly why it works some places or
others and I have some open changes in that area is why I haven't submitted
them), but nothing specific to OOPHM.  With those fixed in
StandardGeneratorContext, GWTShell (both core and oophm),
SelectionScriptLinker, and StandardLinkerContext, it compiles and runs fine
for me.

> What are the key things that need to be done before OOPHM is the default
> hosted-mode in trunk?

I think the primary thing is time with people using it so we can feel
confident that it won't break anyone.  The UI needs some improvement (though
it is usable as-is), and there are some testing issues that need to be
addressed.  The reason for putting it in trunk as an overlay is so that
people could test it without breaking people who couldn't use it for
whatever reason, and to hopefully keep it up to date as the trunk is
changed.  There is also the issue of competing priorities, as usual.

Next week I have a task to get it OOPHM usable (in its overlay form) for
some internal projects, so anything preventing it from being useful as it is
in trunk currently should be shaken out then.

--
John A. Tamplin
Software Engineer (GWT), Google