I wanted to float the idea of adding ie7 and ie8 values to the
user.agent property in trunk.  Given that we collapse permutations
with identical rebind results before optimizing, adding them won't
cause an immediate increase in the total number of permutations.
Initially, all references to ie6 in the rebind rules would need to be
replaced with an <any> block containing the additional values, or we
could change the <when-property-is value="ie6"> to a newly-added
<when-property-is prefix="ie">.

  There's been some demand for making CssResource more compatible with
ie6 versus ie7 and I'd prefer to avoid adding a runtime check if it
can be helped.

--
Bob Vawter
Google Web Toolkit Team