Well, maybe the GWT guys can offer some guidance on how they plan to
number 1.6 milestone releases. My only further comment is that there
is no reason why maven repo versions have to match GWT versions. I've
seen GWT artifacts named -rc1 in some maven repos. The GWT team
doesn't officially support maven,  so the maven community is really
free to choose their own conventions. If future 1.6 releases have
different versions, great, but if future 1.6 builds remain 1.6.0 I
think they'll be trouble.

Certainly, if you look at the final versions of GWT 1.3 and 1.4
there's room for hope, since the minor version on those went quite
high before release.

-Ray