Is this a method that exists, or a proposed one? Yeah, something like that
would work, although you typically want to injectBefore an element, either a
style elements have higher priority.
Typically, I'd want to inject before the first link/style element to make my
injected style the lowest priority. Another typical use is 'reset' style
sheets. Alot of times in GWT, you'll try and integrate with an existing site
which has its own CSS which targets TABLE/TR/TD by element name with some
margin/padding, which tends to screw up some of the fancier GWT widgets, and
the fix for that is usually to inject a 'reset' style sheet which forces
some elements back to their browser defined defaults.

(ok, the real fix is to make the GWT themes use selectors with higher
priority and be sure to define the needed margins/padding by all child
elements of a complex element, like a DecoratorPanel.)