I think the issue is something to do with me using incubator & it
instantiating the RemoteLoggingService even though I don't use it.  It might
be due to the way incubator initializes the logger (using java's
Logger.getLogger() whereas I use log4j directly).

On Fri, Mar 27, 2009 at 11:57 AM, Scott Blum <sco...@google.com> wrote:

> Okay, I think the issue might be your using trunk then.  My patch jar was
> for 1.6, and the commit you're commenting on here (r5077 & r5078) were to
> 1.6.  So I would not expect that to be fixed in trunk.
>

> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 9:50 PM, Vitali Lovich <vlov...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

>> On Thu, Mar 26, 2009 at 3:17 PM, Scott Blum <sco...@google.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Vitali, are you positive all your stuff is in a legit state?  I ask
>>> because it looks like you're mixing trunk and 1.6 stuff together.
>>>

>> Can you clarify what you mean? How can I be mixing trunk & 1.6 together?
>> I'm only using trunk.  At this point I don't event have the gwt-platform
>> directory in my project path - I just imported the GWT projects & made put
>> them on my classpath.
>>
>> When I use a stock gwt-dev-windows.jar from 1...@r5090,
>>>
>>  I'm using trunk (@ 5084 right now).  I haven't even tried stock because
>> I'm on linux 64-bit & I haven't bothered trying to get the 32-bit
>> environment set up for the old hosted mode (relying solely on OOPHM).
>>

>>> I can boot your project just fine whether log4j-1.2.15.jar is in
>>> WEB-INF/lib or not.  (I can run it because I couldn't actually find a
>>> version of mosaic that you compile against cleanly, but the servlets all
>>> initialized just fine.)
>>>

>> Right - I forgot that the code I sent you at that point already had my
>> enhancements to mosaic (eventually a version of them should get into
>> truck).   In any case, you can just delete the code that throws up an error
>> (unless its the constructor).
>>
>> My  code runs fine (including servlets) & the logging works.  It's just
>> that error
>> that gets printed to the console when the project launches, so it's not a
>> super-important issue.  Is it possible it's a Linux-only issue?
>>

>>> Here's a dump of the exact dir structure that's working for me:
>>>
>>> .classpath
>>>
>> .project
>>>
>> gwt-windows-0.0.0
>>> gwt-windows-0.0.0/gwt-dev-windows.jar
>>> gwt-windows-0.0.0/gwt-ll.dll
>>> gwt-windows-0.0.0/gwt-user.jar
>>> gwt-windows-0.0.0/swt-win32-3235.dll
>>> lib
>>> lib/ftr-gwt-library-date-0.9.9.jar
>>> lib/ftr-gwt-library-date-emul-0.9.9.jar
>>> lib/gwt-beans-binding-0.2.3.jar
>>> lib/gwt-dnd-2.5.6.jar
>>> lib/gwt-incubator-trunk-r1543.jar
>>> lib/gwt-mosaic-0.2.0-rc1.jar
>>> lib/gwtx-1.5.2.jar
>>> lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar
>>>  lib/org.cobogw.gwt-1.2.2.jar
>>> SacredHeart.launch
>>> src (omitted)
>>> war
>>> war/loading.gif
>>> war/SacredHeart.css
>>> war/SacredHeart.html
>>> war/WEB-INF
>>> war/WEB-INF/classes (omitted)
>>> war/WEB-INF/classes/ece456
>>> war/WEB-INF/classes/log4j.properties
>>> war/WEB-INF/lib
>>> war/WEB-INF/lib/gwt-servlet.jar
>>> war/WEB-INF/lib/log4j-1.2.15.jar
>>> war/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.7-bin.jar